What are NovaThreads?
They are Hypodermic needles preloaded with a PDO absorbable suture. No cuts or incisions. Purely injections!
What is a PDO absorbable suture?
- It’s a synthetic absorbable surgical suture composed of polydioxanone. PDO sutures are used to perform cardiothoracic surgery (such as open-heart surgery). It’s one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body.
- Your skin fully absorbs it within 4 to 6 months & won’t leave you with any scar tissue.
- Your skin gently reacts to the dissolvable suture.
- Yes, PDO is fully absorbable, but that doesn’t mean your skin won’t react to it. During the 4 to 6 months needed to fully absorb the PDO suture, your skin is also repairing itself around it.
- It’s “controlled healing” happening underneath the skin! These threads make your skin repair itself by creating new collagen, naturally!
Firming threads consist of creating a mesh under the skin (i.e. 2 sutures inserted vertically & 3 sutures horizontally). Sort of like a #hashtag, or a net. This mesh will serve as the foundation of our new collagen production. The firming threads tighten the skin naturally from within. Results appear naturally, without any drastic change.
Lifting Threads are utilized to produce a more dramatic and immediate result. The PDO sutures have “barbs” which provide a grip underneath the skin. Sutures are inserted the same way, expect they can be pulled in 1 or 2 directions, creating an instant skin repositioning. Just like Firming Threads, thespian will then build new collagen which will secure the lift.