fbpx
Menu

Recent Community

2016 PATH Runs

On October 2, Dr. Scheel and some of our staff volunteered and participated in the PATH 5k/10k race in Kailua-Kona.  There were over 400 participants in the Ali’i Drive event, including people from all over the world who were in town for the Ironman World Championships.  The event was a fundraiser for PATH (Peoples Advocacy […] Read More >

A Free Screening Saved My Life

I was born in sunny Southern California where I grew up surfing and fishing with my Grandpa and cousins. I was a sun worshiper, so nearly every waking hour was spent in outside playing. My parents later decided to move north to Washington state and I went to high school in Gig Harbor, Washington. Even […] Read More >

May Skin Cancer Events

The month of May is Skin Cancer/Melanoma Detection and Prevention month and we held several free events in the community educate everyone on the importance of preventing and detecting skin cancer. On May 10th we held our annual free skin cancer screening clinic, and our knowledgeable staff volunteered their time to provide free skin checks […] Read More >

2016 Keiki Surf Classic

What a great day at the 21st annual Keiki Surf Classic at Banyans! This event, organized by pro surfer Shane Dorian, is the so-called "The Eddie for Groms" or “The Eddie Aikau of kids contest." Forty-something years ago as a kid, Shane first ventured out into the lineup at Banyans. At the time, he had [...] Read More >

Congrats Tricia, Hawaii State Derm PA Rep!

Congratulations to our very own Patricia Achay, MSPA, PA-C, for being selected as the brand new Hawaii state liaison for Dermatology Physician Assistants! Patricia has sought out this leadership position and has a goal to have a meeting with all Derm PA’s in state at least once per year to review cases. As the new [...] Read More >

Sponsor Dr. Scheel in Bike MS Ride

Since I was in medical school and we had a woman come to talk to our group on her life with Multiple Sclerosis, I have been impacted and had a desire to help.  Over my 20 year career in medicine, I have seen huge advancements in research and treatment of MS.   I continue to help […] Read More >

North Hawaii Community Hospital Skin Screening

In recognition of the month of May’s designation as Melanoma Month, Dr. Monica Scheel helped support North Hawaii Community Hospital’s (NHCH) 27th Annual North Hawaii Senior Health Fair, which took place in Waimea on Sunday, May 3rd, 2015. A variety of health screenings were offered to our seniors by nurses, physicians, and other health care […] Read More >

2nd Annual Health and Wealth Golf Tournament

This year, our group at Dr. Monica Scheel’s Dermatology office partnered together with Taylor Easley and Associates to host the 2nd annual Health and Wealth Golf Tournament at Hualalai. It was a beautiful day under the sun with a number of novice and experienced golfers. Everyone that came out to play was happily lathered in […] Read More >

Giving Back 2014

At a recent Kona Hospital Fundraiser, our office donated a Mindy special, a $7,000 procedure with CO2 laser, Voluma, Botox and Latisse. The money went to the new Cancer Center at Kona Hospital and the total amount raised that evening ended up being over $100,000!       Then for Thanksgiving, we added up […] Read More >