Menu

Recent Community

Sponsor Dr. Scheel in Bike MS Ride

Since I was in medical school and we had a woman come to talk to our group on her life with Multiple Sclerosis, I have been impacted and had a desire to help.  Over my 20 year career in medicine, I have seen huge advancements in research and treatment of MS.   I continue to help […] Read More >

North Hawaii Community Hospital Skin Screening

In recognition of the month of May’s designation as Melanoma Month, Dr. Monica Scheel helped support North Hawaii Community Hospital’s (NHCH) 27th Annual North Hawaii Senior Health Fair, which took place in Waimea on Sunday, May 3rd, 2015. A variety of health screenings were offered to our seniors by nurses, physicians, and other health care […] Read More >

2nd Annual Health and Wealth Golf Tournament

This year, our group at Dr. Monica Scheel’s Dermatology office partnered together with Taylor Easley and Associates to host the 2nd annual Health and Wealth Golf Tournament at Hualalai. It was a beautiful day under the sun with a number of novice and experienced golfers. Everyone that came out to play was happily lathered in […] Read More >

Giving Back 2014

At a recent Kona Hospital Fundraiser, our office donated a Mindy special, a $7,000 procedure with CO2 laser, Voluma, Botox and Latisse. The money went to the new Cancer Center at Kona Hospital and the total amount raised that evening ended up being over $100,000!       Then for Thanksgiving, we added up […] Read More >

IRONMAN® Skin Cancer Screening with Melanoma Research Foundation

Over the course of four days, October 7-10th, more than 40 volunteers screened 400+ people at the IRONMAN® World Championship’s IRONMAN® Village thanks to Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF) and Dr. Monica Scheel’s Free Skin Cancer Screening. Each year Dr. Monica Scheel hosts a volunteer training on Monday night prior to the screening where volunteers are […] Read More >

Hualalai Employee Health Fair

In August, Dr. Monica Scheel Dermatology attended the Hualalai Employee Health Fair and visited with 65-75 employees. Stephanie Ayau, our dermatology nurse, was there to educate on prevention and detection of pre-cancers and skin cancer. Linda Jo Kolder, CDT, was present to show clients their sun damage in our UV box and to explain ways […] Read More >

IRONMAN® Skin Cancer Screening

The Melanoma Research Foundation and Dr. Monica Scheel Dermatology are partnering again to screen athletes, families, community members and IRONMAN® expo attendees on Oct 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th! Last year, we screened over 300 people! At a normal screening, we expect to find one melanoma for every 100 people screened. At this screening we […] Read More >

MS Ride Goes BIG

Dr. Monica Scheel Dermatology was the official “Sun Protection” sponsor for the Hawaii MS Bike Ride.  The ride, which is put on to raise awareness and money for Multiple Sclerosis research and treatments, consisted of two days of cycling from Waikoloa to Kapaau and then Waikoloa to Kona.   The total riding was 115 miles.   Dr. […] Read More >

Help Dr. Scheel and cure MS

Please help Dr. Scheel raise money for Multiple Sclerosis treatments and the hope for a cure! She is riding 115 miles this weekend with her “Team Sunscreen” and Bike Works Kona Hawaii. We will be riding, providing sun protection and first aid if needed! The top 3 donators for Dr. Scheel’s ride will receive: 1. […] Read More >